Displaying 41 - 47 of 47
15 Nov 2013 -
If you're severely disabled as a result of a vaccination against certain diseases, you could get a one-off tax-free payment of £120,000. This is called a Vaccine Damage Payment.
08 Nov 2013 -
Full-time students with children could get up to £1,508 a year to help with their learning costs. This is called Parents' Learning Allowance. The money can help pay for books, study materials and travel. How much you get depends on your household...
08 Nov 2013 -
You could get Child Tax Credit for each child you're responsible for if they're: under 16; under 20 and in approved education or training. You don't need to be working to claim Child Tax Credit. You get money for each child that qualifies and Child...
08 Nov 2013 -
You may be able to claim Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) if you're studying in Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales. EMA is now closed in England.
05 Nov 2013 -
The Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance (BTSCFA) helps you meet the cost of uniforms and footwear for children going to school. You (the parent or guardian) must be getting certain social welfare payments or taking part in training,...
11 Oct 2013 -
The Respite Care Grant is an annual payment made to carers by the Department of Social Protection. Carers can use the grant in whatever way they wish. You can use the grant to pay for respite care if you wish, but you do not have to do so.
23 Apr 2013 -
The Treatment Benefit Scheme is a scheme run by the Department of Social Protection (DSP) that provides dental, optical and aural services to qualified people. The Treatment Benefit Scheme is available to insured workers and retired people who have...